A quick update to my previous post (Do you use personal accounting / finance software?)
Quicken 2018 is much better in comparing to previous versions I tried earlier. The blurring and other display issues were fixed. However:
- It’s slow in general; navigation is even slower.
- Video card compatibility. The screen flickers and flashes a lot.
- Mobile app is outdated. Synchronizing isn’t available for non USD accounts.
After 2 months with this app, I can tell that it’s one of the best. However:
- The web version is missing some important features/tools in comparing to mobile app. Mainly: debts, export, reports, group sharing, and some advanced filter options.
- Filtering by Payee isn’t available nor is the auto complete for Payees.
- Changing the currency rate is affecting the historical data. I believe currency rate should be processed on transaction level.
The guys there are very cooperative though. I noticed a lot of updates in short period. So, I’m very optimistic that a lot of enhancements are coming soon.
This is still my preferred one. A work around fix for the display issue on Windows 10 machines with High DPI screens:
App Proprieties / Compatibility / Change High DPI Settings / Override scaling by Application. Of course, you need to enlarge the app’s font later (and restart)
Things will look much better except for two things:
1- Budget isn’t scaling correctly (very large). You can choose “Mixed Intervals” type to overcome this issue.
2- Pop up windows need to be enlarged manually. Some keep (memorize) the new bigger size and some don’t.