I apologize in case this post doesn’t fit well into this blog or its readers’. I’d like to consider it as a message from a loyal customer to Microsoft in a hope they stop their stupidity!
I’m not going to talk about the applied limitations on Outlook.com and OneDrive (such as, quotas and bandwidth) in favor of paid Office365. I also won’t mention that Cortana forces the use of MS Edge… I’ll just discuss a case about Bing:
- You are turning your Bing Search app on Android into a browser.
- I won’t quit using Firefox as my default browser.
- Thus, I’ll switch to Google Search app.
- As I like things to be synchronized between my phone and computer, I’ll use Google search on my computer too.
- Moreover, Google Search app on Android tries to force the use of Google products. So, I’ll have to use Google Maps (instead of Sygic), Google Translator (instead of Bing Translator), Google Assistant (instead of Cortana), and Google Keyboard (instead of MS Swiftkey), … This will also be reflected into my desktop experience later.
Do you think that I won’t be tempted then to use Gmail and Google Drive instead of Outlook and OneDrive?!