There are a lot of topics about the benefits of “Social Marketing” over the net. Among other social networks, Google Plus might be the best and most rewarding.
It’s very important for a blogger to share the link of their new blog post on Google+ for the following reasons:
- Your link will appear immediately on Google search through the G+ post. Moreover, it’ll be at the top of search results.
- Your link will be open for more +1s. The more +1s your link gets, the higher its ranking is. Nothing official in this regard though.
A link will get +1 through one or more of the following:
- Each sharing of the link to Google+.
- +1 on the G+ post that contains the link (or sharing it).
- +1 on the blog post itself through the official button of Google+. (see also my Letter to WordPress)
SO, start auto sharing your blog posts to Google Plus. AND, follow people with similar interests and give them +1s. They usually pay the favor back and +1 yours.